How We Can Help
We believe every person can benefit from living where they choose to live. Our job is to figure out how to make that possible by tapping into community resources and supports. OCCK can support your transition to your home and community by:
- Finding accessible and/or low-income housing.
- Obtaining furnishings and household items.
- Finding financial support for housing deposits and other items.
- Finding community supports.
- Helping to establish in-home supports.
- Assessing technology needs.
- Navigating health systems.
- (And more)
Did You Know?
- National data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reveal undeniable room for improvement, with only 50 percent of patients with Medicare Part A coverage successfully returning to home or community following a short stay in a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF).
- While 90 percent of patients surveyed indicated that they had felt prepared to go home, responses to specific questions indicated gaps in transition planning.
- Those having appropriate supports in place when leaving the nursing home back into the community are 47 percent more likely to succeed and remain in their home and out of the nursing home.
- Those who remain in their own homes are 40 percent more likely to continue making their own daily decisions related to meals, finances, and community outings.
Contact Us About Transitioning Home
If you would like more information about transitioning home, please contact us at the below location/phone number or complete the secure online form.
Contact OCCK Online
Not Sure? We Can Help!
If you’re not sure what to choose or where to start, we would love to help. Contact us at (785) 827‑9383 or 1‑800‑526‑9731 to speak with someone from our team.Contact Us