How We Can Help
We will work with you to develop your individualized plan that changes with your needs. We will provide these services for as long as you need them. Service coordination can help you:
- Plan your future.
- Connect to services.
- Set and reach your goals.
- Remove barriers in your life.
- Navigate complex systems.
- Access community resources and information.
Did You Know?
- These services are only available to people with developmental disabilities.
- You can access these services while on the waiting list.
- People receiving case management had a 32 percent lower risk of going to the emergency department.
- Research in 2020 concluded that having an experienced, trusted case manager fosters doctors feeling supported and patients feeling less anxious and more empowered to manage their own health.
Find Out if You Qualify
Disability Planning Organization of Kansas, Inc. (DPOK) is the designated Community Developmental Disability Organization (CDDO) for North Central Kansas. It is their role to determine if you qualify for Developmental Disability Services in accordance with Kansas Developmental Disability law. In general, you qualify if:
- You have a mental and/or physical disability that occurred before your 22nd birthday and is likely to continue indefinitely.
- Your disability results in limitations in three or more specific areas of life-functioning, such as self-care, the understanding and use of language, learning and adapting, mobility, self-direction in setting goals, living independently, and economic self-sufficiency.
Learn More and Apply
Visit the DPOK website to learn more about applying for developmental disability services, such as service coordination through OCCK.
Contact Us About Service Coordination
If you would like more information about service coordination, please contact us at the below location/phone number or complete the secure online form.
Contact OCCK Online
Not Sure? We Can Help!
If you’re not sure what to choose or where to start, we would love to help. Contact us at (785) 827‑9383 or 1‑800‑526‑9731 to speak with someone from our team.Contact Us