OCCK Inc.’s More Than You Think Anniversary Scholarship
OCCK, Inc. celebrated its 50th Anniversary in 2020. The More Than You Think Scholarship was established as a part of the 50th Anniversary celebration as a long term reminder of the good work that past generations have done, and that future generations will do, in working with people with disabilities in north central Kansas. OCCK is committed to working with people with any type of disability and making a difference in rural communities across north central Kansas.
The More Than You Think Scholarship recognizes and honors students in north central Kansas from Saline, Ottawa, Cloud, Republic, Jewell, Mitchell, Lincoln, Ellsworth or Dickinson Counties, who have a disability and are looking to further their education.
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of the United States
- Be a person with a disability, from Saline, Ottawa, Cloud, Republic, Jewell, Mitchell, Lincoln, Ellsworth or Dickinson County, Kansas
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines a disability as a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, a person who has a history or record of such an impairment, or a person who is perceived by others as having such an impairment.
- Have plans to enroll in some type of post-secondary learning opportunity (college, university, community college, vocational school, cosmetology school, etc.) Any type of credentialed program will be considered.
- OCCK Employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The completed Scholarship Application, including signatures
- Two Letters of Reference
- Mail documents in one envelope by May 1st, 2021, to:Access Foundation of Kansas Scholarship Committee
Attn: Janae Cramer
PO Box 1160
Salina, KS 67402-1160
- Late applications will be disqualified.
- Awarded applicants will be required to submit a photograph of herself or himself.
- Applications will not be returned.
Payment Process and Taxability
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the college, university, or technical school, or other location where the applicant has been accepted to attend.
- Scholarships may be partially or fully taxable. Consult your tax advisor regarding your specific tax situation.
- Applications must be POSTMARKED by May 1, 2021.
Up to $2,000 may be awarded in 2021, with each scholarship being no more than $500.
Donate to the OCCK More Than You Think Scholarship FundDonations
Do you have questions about our Scholarships?
If you would like more information about our scholarships, please contact us at the below location/phone number or complete the secure online form.
- 1710 West Schilling Road, Salina, KS, USA
- Phone(785) 827-9383
- Fax(785) 823-2015