The Autism Waiver service includes Parent Support and Training (Peer to Peer). This service provides support, coaching, and training to family members to increase their ability to provide a safe and supportive environment in the home and community for the child aged 0-5. We offer assistance with the following:
- Gaining knowledge and skills about autism
- Identifying and using healthy coping strategies to decrease caregiver strain
- Improving relationships with family, peers and community members
- Increasing social supports
- Developing the family’s specific problem-solving skills, coping mechanisms, and strategies for the child’s symptom and behavior management.
- Providing information on supportive resources in the community.