Upon sign up, a member of our Self-Direction team will meet with you in person to review all required documentation and assist you with completing the enrollment process. We are here for support as you navigate Self-Direction.
Financial Management Services
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES (FMS)
Once you choose OCCK Fiscal Agent as your FMS Provider, we will handle all aspects of your Employer and payroll needs.
- Payroll records
- Payment of your Personal Assistant (PA)
- Manage background check process
- Payment of any required taxes
- Withholding taxes
- Reporting to the IRS
- Workers Compensation
- Unemployment Process
Self-Direction allows people with disabilities, who are in need of in-home services, to maintain their independence and avoid institutional care. With the support of your selected FMS Provider, you control the services you receive from the state of Kansas and become an Employer!
Once enrollment is approved, you can hire a PA as your own employee to assist with tasks like laundry, housekeeping, meal preparation, bathing, personal care, attending doctor appointments or shopping and errands.
The following skills training is available so you are a successful Self-Direction Employer:
- How to recruit, interview, hire and terminate a PA
- Train, manage and address staff issues
- Maintain and set up work schedules
- Emergency planning
- Understanding State and Federal rules pertaining to Self-Direction
Do you have a question about this service?Contact Us
OCCK serves as an FMS Provider to individuals throughout the state of Kansas.
Resources for Self-Direction Employers
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (PA) LIST
The PA List is compiled by FMS Staff and is available to our Self-Direction Employers actively using OCCK Fiscal Agent services.
A copy can be requested by calling 785-827-9383 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individuals on the list have NOT been screened in anyway by OCCK
- Individuals on this list are NOT employees of OCCK
- A new hire must complete background check requirements, which are set by the state of Kansas, before employment can be offered
- It is the Self-Direction Employers responsibility to screen a potential new hire
Anyone can request their name be put on the PA List. Just complete a PA List Request Form and send in by mail:
OCCK Fiscal Agent
1710 W. Schilling Rd.
Salina, KS 67401
In order to keep your name on the list, you must update your information at least every 90 days. You can do so by calling our FMS Staff or sending in a new request form.
These videos are for informational purposes only and are not intended as a replacement for training that is provided by your employer.
Are You Interested in Self-Directed Services?
If you would like more information about self-directed services, please contact us at the below location/phone number or complete the secure online form.
OCCK Corporate Office
- 1710 W. Schilling Road • Salina, Kansas 67401
- Direct:(785) 827-9383, ext. 161, 163 or 170
- Fax:(785) 823-2015