Building Key Community Relationships
OCCK, Inc. values key partnerships in our North Central Kansas communities that facilitate lasting services that meet the needs of residents in the communities we serve. We believe in strong communities, and partner with business, government, schools, civic organizations, and community members throughout North Central Kansas to assure citizens with disabilities are an integral part of their communities.
Community Partnerships and Outreach
- OCCK staff were appointed by the Governor to serve on the Kansas Rehabilitation Services Council
- In partnership with the City of Salina and the Kansas Department of Transportation, OCCK operates and manages the CityGo fixed-route transit service, including a fleet of buses, drivers, support staff, 150 bus stops, and a service area that covers more than 70 percent of the city. CityGo does not replace any of OCCK’s current transportation services; it simply expands them and increases the number of potential riders served.
- OCCK is involved with the North Central Kansas Regional Transportation Network.
- All House and Senate candidates were invited to attend informational meetings with OCCK.
- OCCK representatives served on the I/DD Kancare Pilot Project Task Force, the Self Direction Statewide Workgroup, Challenging Behavior Committee and Certification Development Teams.
- OCCK organizes and supports Salina’s only Employment Expo with nearly 40 employers attending and approximately 600 participants.
- OCCK staff appointed by Governor to serve on the Kansas Employment First Oversight Committee
- OCCK staff serves as a board member for the Quality of Life Coalition in Dickinson County
Community, State and National Involvement
- ANCOR, The American Network of Community Options and Resources
- ACCSES, The Voice of Disability Service Providers
- APSE, Advancing Employment, Connecting People
- I-NABIR, Inter-National Association of Business, Industry & Rehabilitation
- RESNA— Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America
- CTAA— Community Transportation Association of America
- KPTA— Kansas Public Transit Association
- SHRM— Society of Human Resource Management
- InterHab, Resource Network for Kansans with Disabilities
- Abilene Chamber of Commerce
- Beloit Chamber of Commerce
- Belleville Chamber of Commerce
- Concordia Chamber of Commerce
- Minneapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Salina Chamber of Commerce
- Interhab Executive Committee
- Appointed by the Governor to the Employment First Commission
- Salina Downtown Inc.
- AMBUCS, Breakfast Bandits
- AMBUCS, Noon Networks
- Concordia Rotary
- Salina Rotary
- Mitchell County Foundation Board
- Salina Human Relations Commission
- City of Salina Accessibility Advisory Board
- Brain Injury Association of Kansas
- Kansas State Rehabilitation Council
- Crisis Prevention Institute Member
- Salina Area Young Professionals
- State Use Law Vendor
- Kansas Challenging Behavior Workgroup
- Republic Resource Center Council
- Cloud County Children & Youth Committee